The most likely problem is that your safety switch has tripped. To check if this is the problem you need to identify your safety switch in the switchboard. Your safety switch will have a Ďtestí button on the front of it. Reset the safety switch. If it trips again immediately then follow these steps:
- Unplug and remove from the power point (simply switching off the power point will not work) the last electrical appliance that you were using and try to reset the safety switch. If this resolves the problem then have the appliance in question checked by Electricians Plus
- If step 1 does not fix the problem then unplug ALL appliances in the house from their power points (simply switching off the power point will not work). Ensure that you also unplug the refrigerator, dishwasher, pool equipment (donít worry about hard wired items) and if you live on acreage, the grey water pump and mains pressure water pump if applicable. Try to reset the safety switch again.
- If step 2 has resolved your problem then plug in a radio and turn it up so that you can hear it throughout the house. Plug the appliances in one by one. The faulty appliance will trip the safety switch and the radio will go silent. Unplug that item and have it repaired by Electricians Plus.
- Reset your safety switch, you have found the fault.
- If step 2 does not rectify the problem then check to ensure that ALL appliances are unplugged (simply switching off the power point will not work) and try step 2 again. If you cannot find the fault then Contact Electricians Plus and request an urgent service call.
Back to Previous Page